Tuesday, December 20, 2011

dogs at the beach.


On Sunday we took Muni and his cousin Sammy to Sullivan's Island to play in the water. Although technically dogs aren't allowed off-leash on local beaches (unless you're a crazy early bird), the beaches are fairly empty in the winter so you won't be hassled.

Sammy enjoyed chasing his ball into the tidepool, while Muni preferred to wait in the shallows or run along the surf. Seriously, there's nothing more joyful than a dog allowed to run free on the beach.

8 comments:

  1. I love this. I love the photos. Does Muni know Sammy is his cousin? Wish I was there with you. But I can feel it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muni has been through his college years. I'm sure he enjoyed just sitting back and watching. I would have if I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd. That last shot reminds me of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a dog running free on the beach IS pure joy. A dog ANYWHERE is pure joy, but especially on the beach! Thank you for this lovely 'stroll'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: Previous comment was from June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! One of my favorite things to do is watch dogs jumping into the waves. Gorgeous setting here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last pic is superb! Nothing like watching a pup frolic on a virtually empty beach.

    ReplyDelete