The other day, I was thinking about how I couldn't wait for summertime. Then, of course, I realized that it's been summer for awhile here in Richmond. I guess I've been too busy to notice.
Before the season slips away, I thought it might be wise to give myself some goals with a Summer Bucket List. I'm already looking forward to this fall, but I don't want to miss out on everything that I love about summer. Without further ado, my hopes and dreams for Summer 2015:
- Bike to a Flying Squirrels game, drink local beer, and watch fireworks.
- Spend an afternoon lounging on the rocks by the river on Belle Isle.
- Host a wine and cheese night on the front porch.
- Take a tour of the Brew Ridge Trail.
- Make at least one full meal from the veggies in our garden.
- Learn to use the manual settings on my camera.
- Become a regular at the neighborhood pool during adult swim time.
- Actually use the tennis courts down the street.
- Take the nephews to D.C. for the day.
- Perfect three new summer cocktail recipes (starting with this).
- Hike Old Rag Mountain.
- And, in direct opposition to most of the above goals, I'm also planning to do the Whole 30 at some point. Wish me luck.
What's on your summer bucket list?