I'm deep in planning mode for our winter vacation to Mexico, and since it's my second trip to an all-inclusive resort, I feel more prepared than the first time around. Besides the obvious, here's what I'll bring:
- A Turkish towel. Because sometimes the resort's towels aren't great, and they don't dry nearly as fast.
- Glam pool wear (huge hat, cat-eye sunnies, and black bikini). Because I like to pretend that I'm a D-list celebrity when pools and cocktails are involved.
- Waterproof mascara and bright lipstick. Because that's all you need to pair with your sun-kissed glow.
- EWG-approved sunscreen for face, lips, and body (3-ounce bottles). Because I will not get burned on my first day again. And I won't slather questionable chemicals on my skin, either.
- A fun float. Because floating in the Caribbean Sea surrounded by angel fish is pretty much the best thing ever.
- Cup and koozie. For getting extra-large drinks and keeping them cool.
- Travel candle. In case the room smells like a jungle.
- Meds. Because I don't want to spend $20 on Tums and aspirin in the gift shop.
- Paperbacks. Because I don't want to worry about leaving my Kindle alone when I go for a walk.
P.S. Here's the post from my last trip to Mexico.