Sunday, May 12, 2013

boston bound.


Well, I've officially told everyone who needs to know, so I guess I can now tell my blog that Todd and I are moving to Boston this summer. A lot of people I've told have had the same reaction: A look of shock and confusion, an occasional wrinkled nose, followed by "Why?"

The number one reason is simple: Because we want to. It's what led us to Charleston, and what will no doubt lead us to whatever city comes after Boston, yet it's an answer that most people seem unwilling to accept. Why is living exactly where you want to live such a foreign concept?

I love the size of Boston, that it's big yet approachable, with unique neighborhoods all throughout the city. I love that it's historic, with centuries-old buildings reflected against shining skyscrapers. I love that its population is diverse, and intelligent, and friendly, in their own way. And I love that in just a few hours I can get to Portland, Newport, Cape Cod, or New Hampshire's White Mountains. I can even drive to Montreal in the time it would take me to drive to Atlanta. Yes, I'm dreading the winter a bit, but I can't tell you how excited I am to have distinct seasons. I've missed those. 

So to everyone asking "Why?," I'll just say "Why not?"

2 comments:

  1. Um whoa! I would love to help you scratch off a bucket list! Lets get together and gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! All the best on your new adventure. I've had quite a few complete changes in my life. It is nice to know that you can start from scratch in a new place and make a success of it.

    ReplyDelete