Thursday, July 14, 2011

porchin'.

Our new front porch is teensy, but really I'm just happy to even have a front porch. Luckily, we have this little Ikea set that we bought when we first moved to Charleston that I think should fit perfectly. It has seen quite a lot of wear in the last four years, so I'm thinking of painting it — but I can't decide what color. My top choices are black, red, yellow, or light blue. Let's put it to a vote?

Also, let me know if you have any tips for painting stuff like this. I was just going to go with spray paint but I'm not sure how well that'll work.

Also, we bought a washer and dryer last night. We're writing so many big checks I feel like a balla.

3 comments:

  1. Cute set! I vote for light blue. I think spray paint would work best because of the slats. If you do spray paint, make sure you buy a spray paint can handle...your fingers will thank you!

    http://www.amazon.com/Can-Gun-Spray-Handle-11650/dp/tags-on-product/B000GLHUXI

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheila@talkingtreesgalleryJuly 14, 2011 at 8:10 AM

    Chinese vermillion red. Basically burn your eyeballs out red orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow AND light blue! Maybe chairs one and table the other?

    ReplyDelete