Tuesday, November 2, 2010

final countdown.


Oh, Whiskey Kittens, I have not forgotten you. I've merely been prepping for my looming wedding, which is now a matter of days away. I haven't been particularly stressed, but it has been consuming pretty much all of my spare thoughts.

There's lots to ponder. The confluence of so many family and friends from my life and his. The year of planning and all of the ways it could go wrong. How I'll be able to keep myself from bawling my eyes out over happiness and nervousness. Whether it's possible to lose 10 pounds in 4 days. Last-minute projects to make the day extra-special.

There's so much to think about, yet for now, I'm calm.

I'm excited for everyone to get here to share the day with us. I'm excited to see everything come together. I can't wait to marry the man that I love. I can't wait to jet off to California for a week. And as tough as it'll be to return to real life after all the fun, I'm looking forward to normal life again, where I'm not defined by this one-day event.

1 comment: