Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Favorites: Southern Food and 'Merican Dreams

via
Happy Friday, friends! Got any plans for this perfect fall weekend? I'm challenging myself to knock out a big ol' list of projects around the house, including painting the mudroom, making a Roman shade for the kitchen, planting some herbs in the backyard, and, if I'm ambitious, painting some yellow stripes in the laundry room. We'll see how that pans out. Here are some things on my radar from the past week:
  • Esquire said that Virginia is the food region of 2014. After living and eating in Richmond for just a few weeks, I have to agree.
  • On a related note, I love this Saveur article about the amazing eats you can find on Skyline Drive.
  • My neighborhood grocery store has a pretty decent wine section and a really helpful wine expert on staff. This is both awesome and dangerous — I usually walk out with a couple of new bottles. Bookmarking this article for next time.
  • I need this welcome mat. I think I'll try to DIY it.
  • Has anyone tried Spanish fried eggs? They sound amazing. Related: My egg obsession continues in full force.
  • Sean Brock's pimiento cheese recipe. Can't wait to try this.
  • Our new chalkboard wall has inspired me to brush up on my lettering skills
  • Ordered this dress for a friend's wedding. I hope it fits!
  • The new issue of Charleston Style & Design is out now. Be sure to check out the bridal section, 100 percent written and edited by yours truly.
  • This song's on repeat.
Have a lovely weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment