Tuesday, June 18, 2013

helloooo boston.


Mothers will probably want to slap me for saying this, but I think moving is a little bit like childbirth. It really, really sucks, but once you get to where you're going, you forget about all of the packing and cleaning and driving, and you're just happy with your new baby ... er ... city.

We ended up renting a place that we hadn't even seen in person, so it was a bit of a surprise when we arrived. The previous tenants hadn't cleaned, a lot of lightbulbs were out, it smelled weird, and I kind of hated it. But we moved in our bed and a few boxes and turned in for the night. The next day, we did some cleaning and unpacking, and things started looking a lot better.

It's an old three-story house with a lot of character. One of my favorite things about it is that we have an "office floor," which is perfect since Todd and I are both working from home now. I've already set up my space and I love it.

The neighborhood was also a nice surprise. We had no idea what it would be like, but we're just a couple of blocks from a little village with restaurants, shops, and bakeries. Also, turns out it's a very Italian neighborhood. There are Italian flags painted on the streets, an authentic Italian bakery, and even the fire hydrants are red, green, and white. Apparently the locals even have their own little dialect. I can't wait to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. I can understand that thinking. You go through a lot but you do it cause you know the end result will be more than worth it! Can't wait to see the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you are liking your new home. We wish you and Todd the best!!!!

    Cathy Beckmann(Eric & EJ in Atl)

    ReplyDelete