It's shocking to me that Todd and I were married a year ago today. It's so fun to look back at the pictures, because our wedding really was perfect for us. Sure, there were a few hiccups — including a near-hair disaster, frigid temperatures, and a car break-in during the ceremony — but it was still an incredible day that we'll cherish forever. Here are just a few of my favorite details from the day:
2. Anne at Stems created the most incredible arrangements despite our tight budget.
3. We had colorful bottles of soda in vintage crates for guests while we were doing photos post-ceremony.
4. Todd and I walked through the park and down the aisle together.
5. We were married by Todd's dad under the oaks in front of the gazebo in Hampton Park.
6. We saved money by using an iPod playlist at the reception. It didn't take long for the dance party to get crazy.
7. Sweeteeth chocolates were placed in an old tackle box for favors.
8. Rather than spend big bucks on a signature cocktail, we just printed a sign with our favorite drinks — whiskey ginger for me, kalimotxo for Todd.
9. The cakes were delicious — especially the funfetti flavor — and I made the cake-topper myself. The other food? I couldn't tell you. We didn't have time to eat, but our friends still talk about how good it was.
10. Entering the reception at Fish...
11. And departing in perfect Charleston style, via pedicab.