Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer 2015 Bucket List


The other day, I was thinking about how I couldn't wait for summertime. Then, of course, I realized that it's been summer for awhile here in Richmond. I guess I've been too busy to notice.

Before the season slips away, I thought it might be wise to give myself some goals with a Summer Bucket List. I'm already looking forward to this fall, but I don't want to miss out on everything that I love about summer. Without further ado, my hopes and dreams for Summer 2015:

  • Bike to a Flying Squirrels game, drink local beer, and watch fireworks.
  • Spend an afternoon lounging on the rocks by the river on Belle Isle.
  • Host a wine and cheese night on the front porch.
  • Take a tour of the Brew Ridge Trail
  • Make at least one full meal from the veggies in our garden.
  • Learn to use the manual settings on my camera.
  • Become a regular at the neighborhood pool during adult swim time.
  • Actually use the tennis courts down the street.
  • Take the nephews to D.C. for the day.
  • Perfect three new summer cocktail recipes (starting with this).
  • Hike Old Rag Mountain.
  • And, in direct opposition to most of the above goals, I'm also planning to do the Whole 30 at some point. Wish me luck.
What's on your summer bucket list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment