Monday, January 7, 2013

back to the past.




I've started up my vintage Etsy shop again, which in turn has me fantasizing about spending my days traveling around scouring estate sales and junk shops for treasure and opening a brick-and-mortar shop. There's nothing more satisfying than finding something priceless that's been unceremoniously slapped with a $1 price tag.

Some of my favorite recent scores: A set of six 1960s salad bowls for $2.50, a $5 Brownie camera, and some amazing children's books from the early 1900s for $3 a pop. These are things I could never resell, even though I know I could make a lot of money from them.

Things I'm currently on the lookout for? Vintage highball glasses, old circus posters, hotel dishes, and silver serving wear. What do you look for when you're out scavenging?

I love how this house recently featured on Design Sponge has so many bright vintage details throughout (and I just ordered that poster for $7 — we'll see if it's a scam or not).

2 comments: