Sunday, January 8, 2012

house resolutions.

When I was making my list of resolutions last week, a lot of them had to do with the house. So I thought I'd list what I hope to accomplish at home this year.

 I want my patio to feel like this.
Our front and backyard gardens are small, but they need a lot of work. Out front, I want to fill the bed with rosemary, lavender, mint, and other herbs. Out back, I hope to have built a patio by the spring and to surround it with lush, tropical plants.

I want to paint the front porch ceiling haint blue.

I want to incorporate more fun textiles into the decor, from homemade pillows to rugs to roman shades.

Our bedroom is boring. With a wash of grey paint, some art, and better closet organization to decrease clutter, I hope to make it feel more like a hotel room.

Speaking of art, I want a lot more of it. I've been trolling Etsy for affordable prints to use for a gallery wall.

I'd love to find something like this for extra storage in the kitchen.

Or this for the dining room.

We've bought mostly new furniture in the past year, mostly out of necessity — we had a lot to replace after the fire. From now on I'd rather keep my eye on Craigslist, yard sales, and thrift stores for unique, quality pieces that can be customized for our home.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, a few things. First, I want to move to Paris, you want to move with me? Second, I have a sewing machine now and I'm gonna make you some pillows! Want Chevron? Tell me the colors & I'll dooooo it. Third, have you seen the wall decals you can get now? I finally put some up that I got a while ago and they're great! They stick right on the wall for fun accents & you can peel them off and reapply whenever you feel like it. Check 'em out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes, I will move to Paris. You've read Oh Happy Day (the blog), right? So inspiring.
    2. You really wanna make me pillows?? You don't hafta. I was thinking a fabric like this though: http://pinterest.com/pin/246853623294831039/
    3. I haven't seen any decals I love enough to put on the wall sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Craigs List so much for furniture then do exactly what you just showed, paint it! Its fun and then it's unique as well! Good luck with your re-decorating!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete