Saturday, January 1, 2011

bonne annee.


I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but I feel compelled to make some for 2011. Maybe it's because 2010 was so tough. 

I lost a family member, and others suffered health problems. Todd was dealing with the challenges of starting up a company while working multiple side jobs and traveling nearly every weekend. We were planning and saving and stressing for our wedding. I had two minor car accidents. My sister moved 12 hours away. Our house burned down. 

But 2010 had some high points as well. I got married. I got a promotion. We had several family members move to town. We visited California, twice. And after the fire, we realized what amazing friends we have as everyone pulled together to support us. We ended the year with a fresh start, moving into our new home.

Let's have more good stuff, and less bad stuff in 2011. I want to read more — good books, magazines, and the New York Times on Sundays. I want to cook more, and better, and share it with friends. I want to go to Europe, Newport, Siesta Key, and Memphis. I want to build up my vintage Etsy shop. I want to learn how to use my camera. I want to learn to knit. I want to be a more artsy Arts Editor. I want to start following through on all the amazing plans I make.

Happy New Year, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic resolutions. I feel the same-- 2010 was sort of an emotional rollercoaster for me so I want to do my best to be the happiest I can be in 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete