If you're anything like me, you're always planning your next adventure. I constantly have a list of a few places I'm planning to go at some point in the future, whether a month from now or a few years. Here are my top 5.
1. Bruges, Belgium. And Europe in general. When Todd and I went to Europe after I graduated from college, we naively promised we'd return every year. Then the reality of 10 vacation days per year and $1000 plane tickets hit, making us choose vacations closer to home. We're definitely due for a return trip.
2. New Orleans. I've always been obsessed with this city despite never having been there. I even wanted to move there, but chose Charleston instead. Dixieland jazz, Gulf shrimp, and drinking French 75s in the bar where they were invented... sounds pretty perfect to me.
3. Montreal. Another French-flavored city, Montreal is now a very doable six-hour-drive away. I'll wait until the ground thaws, but then I can't wait to head up there and pretend I'm in Paris.
4. New York. I've driven past NYC several times already on trips south, but I have yet to visit the city since I moved to Boston. Only four hours away, it's perfect for a weekend trip, but I have to admit to being completely overwhelmed by all of the possibilities. I hardly know where to begin planning.
5. Mexico. Yes, I went less than a year ago. But between our oceanfront room, infinity pools, unlimited rum runners, Mayan ruins, and fish tacos, it was hands down the best, most relaxing vacation of my life. And though I wouldn't mind checking out some other Caribbean islands, you just can't beat Mexico for value.
What's on your top 5 list?